Your car goes everywhere you go. It also picks up an incredible amount of dirt, inside and out. You track in debris on your shoes, and crumbs build up in the seat crevices whenever you snack on the go. Add kids or pets to the mix, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of junk, hair, and food you have to vacuum up.
There are both corded, wall-mounted car vacuums and hand-held vacs that can make your car feel fresh and clean again. The trick is to know how best to use the vacuum attachments to reach all those small, tight crevices.
- Start by removing the floor mats, setting them outside the car, and vacuuming the seats and floors, including the areas between the seats and underneath the pedals. Use an extended nozzle or a crevice tool to reach the narrow spaces between the seats and the console.
- Attach the soft brush to vacuum the dashboard and console. Be careful working around the knobs and vents. Also use the soft brush attachment for the seats; if you have leather seats, take care not to scratch them with the bristles.
- Use a special cleaner or a mixture of laundry detergent and warm water to clean stains out of upholstery. Spray the stained areas and rub it in vigorously with a cloth. Dry the upholstery thoroughly afterward with a dry, clean cloth. Never use paper towels on leather because they can scratch the material.
- Make your dashboard and console shiny again by wiping it clean with a moist cloth and using a bit of polish. Never spray the polish directly on any electronic parts; instead, use a brush or cloth.
- Vacuum the floor mats before placing them back in the car.
|Brittany Rowland researches new developments in Appliances, Kitchen and CE products features with a vigor to which few would aspire… but someone has to do it. See more about Brittany|
Related Top 10 Lists
Mini hand-held vacuum cleaners are a convenient tool for cleaning up crumbs, stains, and pet hair quickly without lugging out the full-size vacuum. We chose 10 mini vacuums on the basis of the following traits … [more]
A stick vacuum is ideal for spot cleaning hardwoods, rugs, and thin carpets. You should not expect the performance of a full-size vacuum, however. We chose our top 10 stick vacuums based on the following qualities … [more]
As we selected the top 10 vacuum cleaners, we looked for models that possess certain features that enhance the suction performance, including 1. Adjustable height for carpets of varying thickness, 2. A brushroll that turns on and off easily for transitioning from carpet to hardwoods, 3. Filters that don’t clog, are easily washed, and trap microscopic allergens… [more]
About the Author: