By John E. Moore
This French door counter depth fridge has an internal water dispenser and 20 cubic feet of storage, which puts it in the full size category. The Maytag has adjustable full-width and half-width removable spill-proof glass shelves, which holds tall and short items, and deli drawer and a temp-controlled crisper drawer to hold snack foods in a convenient area. We like the door alarm, although we wish the doors would close completely on their own. Overall, we were pleased with its space and quiet operation. Pricewise, it’s difficult to find good pricing on counter depth, but this fridge is reasonable at around $1889.
- Price reasonable
- Runs efficiently and quietly
- Shelves are easy to adjust to fit items of varying heights
- Clear gallon bins hold plenty of condiments, milk, soda, etc.
- Durable construction and materials
- Though external ice and water dispensers can save lots of money on electricity, they can be unstable. Water lines can some times freeze. Luckily on this fridge the filter location is very easy to get to and the filters themselves are not too expensive.
|John E. Moore has been reviewing kitchen goods and refrigerators for 8 years as the leader of cookswarehouse.com. Cooks Warehouse sells more than 400 kitchen items and accessories. John is also a self-described computer tech geek…. See more about John|