As you search for the perfect vacuum cleaner, you should know that whether it has a bag or a dust canister has little effect on its suction performance. The choice just depends on your personal preference. There are advantages and disadvantages to both style vacuum cleaners.
Bagged vacuum cleaners
- Contains dirt and dust so you don’t have to see or touch it.
- Tend to hold more dirt.
- Release less dust into the air when you change them.
- You have to constantly buy replacement bags, which can be costly.
- Hard to fish out sucked up items like toys or earrings.
Bagless vacuum cleaners
- You can see how much dirt, dust, and hair your vacuum has pulled up, which may give you satisfaction.
- You can see for yourself when it’s time to empty out the canister.
- You save money not having to buy replacement bags.
- It can be messy cleaning out the dirt canister.
- It’s often best to empty the canister outside because it exposes you to dust and allergens.
- The filters occasionally must be cleaned or replaced; replacement filters are more expensive than bags.
|Brittany Rowland researches new developments in Appliances, Kitchen and CE products features with a vigor to which few would aspire… but someone has to do it. See more about Brittany|
Related Top 10 Lists
The best vacuum cleaners are durable but lightweight enough to swivel around and under furniture. They should get up dirt close to walls, on stairs, and in tight spaces. See the vacuum cleaner comparison and ratings below with a link to the full review of each…. [more]
A stick vacuum is ideal for spot cleaning hardwoods, rugs, and thin carpets. You should not expect the performance of a full-size vacuum, however. We chose our top 10 stick vacuums based on the following qualities: Good suction, Handles hardwoods and carpets, Wheels don’t scratch hardwoods, Dirt cups transparent and easy to empty with minimal mess…. [more]
Mini hand-held vacuum cleaners are a convenient tool for cleaning up crumbs, stains, and pet hair quickly without lugging out the full-size vacuum. We chose 10 mini vacuums on the basis of the following traits: Lightweight and easy to maneuver, Easy to clean out the bag/dust container and filters, Powerful suction and thorough cleaning… [more]