Samsung RF4287HARS French Door Refrigerator with Flexzone Drawer Review
This popular model has the signature EZ Open Kid Friendly handle which accompanies the Flex Zone drawer for those that want their elementary school age kids to be able to help themselves. The Flex Zone drawer (that strange looking large drawer below the french doors) has 4 zones for various purposes. It may be used for easy access while cooking without having to open and close fridge doors constantly when taking out ingredients. Capacity is one of the largest at 28 cu. ft. Pricewise.
The RF4287HARS is not an inexpensive refrigerator with a retail price of around $2999. For that extra money you get LED lighting, the Flex Zone drawer, humidity controlled crisper drawers and a water filtration system for the water and ice dispenser. This is one of Samsung’s highest end 2011/2012 refrigerator offerings.
- 2 Gallon door bins
- Flex Zone Drawer adds lots of flexibility for kids and those who cook a lot esp. with the 4 zone cooling system
- Large capacity 28 cu. ft.
- Water filter is much easier to access than with most (for changing the filter)
- Sometimes the door does not close easily enough, however there is an included alarm for alerting you when this happens
- The ice maker is slow and can be noisy. It could also be bigger.
- Price. This is not an inexpensive fridge.