After buying a quality blender, you want to make sure you get the most out of it. Don’t just let it collect dust on the countertop or, worse, lie forgotten in a cabinet. You don’t have to be a master chef to make amazing mixtures with this appliance, and there are several simple and quick ways to incorporate the blender into your daily kitchen routine.
- Grind your own coffee beans for the freshest taste. It’s cheaper than buying them pre-ground at the store, too.
- Start off the day with a burst of energy by mixing a fruit smoothie for breakfast. Fresh bananas and strawberries blended with yogurt and orange juice make a delicious and healthy treat.
- There are a variety of soups you can whip up easily, including soups that can be served cold, like Gazpacho. Whether you like creamy or thick soup, a blender makes mixing the ingredients together simple and keeps all the juices and flavors intact.
- Dress up salads and sandwiches with homemade mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, vegetable spreads, and salad dressings.
- Blenders are also good at grinding spices and maintaining their full flavor. Try processing whole garlic, peppercorn, and mustard seeds for an extra kick in your sauces or dressings.
- There are numerous online recipes for simple pies and mousses that can be quickly pureed in the blender and then chilled for dessert.
- Of course, everyone enjoys a mixed drink or a milkshake as an after-dinner treat. Whether it’s a fruit juice mix for the kids or margaritas for the grown-ups, the blender makes short work of ice.
|Brittany Rowland researches new developments in Appliances, Kitchen and CE products features with a vigor to which few would aspire… but someone has to do it. See more about Brittany
Related Top 10 Lists
As we chose our top 10 blenders, we had several considerations in mind, such as: 1. Blending jar capacity and material, 2. Sturdiness of construction, 3. Ease of use and cleaning, 4. Number of controls, preprogrammed settings, and pulse option, 5. Noisiness, 6. How easily it crushes ices and large food items, and 7. Resistance to leaks and spills. The best blenders have a motor … [more]
We found that the best food processors possess some important factors and convenient features, including: 1. Durable stainless steel blades that won’t wear down or become dull, 2. Easy to disassemble parts that are safe for the dishwasher, 3. A sturdy base that … [more]
There are several different types of juicers that handle different functions. Centrifugal juicers are the most common and range from $50 to $200. Masticating juicers are quieter, heavier, and more expensive, typically running up to $350. Some of the most expensive juice … [more]
Filed Under: Blenders